- 1 Tomahawk steak 48-60oz
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp butter (if desired)
- Let your steak come to room temp on the countertop. Preheat your oven to 250ºF or one side of your gas/charcoal grill on low. Season your steak with salt and pepper.
- Put the temperature probe into the thickest part of the steak (see notes if you don’t have a probe-type thermometer) then put the steak in the center of the oven or farthest away from the heat on the grill until it hits 10ºF below your desired temperature, flipping every 5 minutes or so.
- Rest your steak for 5-15 minutes (longer is better) while you heat up your grill, pizza oven, blow torch, or cast iron pan.
- Sear your steak until your desired color is achieved (about 30 seconds per side for me). Serve immediately with fixins and sauces, if desired
Credits: Mike's Tomahawk Recipe on i am a food blog